I have previously circulated articles by the US Gatehouse Institute which describes itself as a “non-partisan, not-for-profit international policy council and think tank dedicated to educating the public about what the mainstream media fails to report”. It directs particular attention to events in the Middle East and Islamism. Its chairman is John Bolton, former US Ambassador to the UN.
The publication by The Australian of reports on the treatment of wives by Muslim men, and various reactions to those reports have prompted me to circulate the latest Gatehouse report about various incidents involving Muslims in March in the UK (the Gatehouse report also includes a report on various experiences with Islamic authorities/individuals in other countries ). Note in particular that:
- there are now about 100 extensive sharia courts in Britain;
- ”home grown terrorism inspired by the Islamic State poses the dominant threat to the national security of the United Kingdom”;
- “the number of Islamism-related offenses (IROs) in Britain doubled between 2011 and 2015 from 12 to 23 a year”;
- “British security services have prevented 13 potential terror attacks since June 20 … there were 500 live counter-terror investigations at any given time and that investigators have been arresting terror suspects at a rate of close to one a day since 2014 … and that “the official threat level for international terrorism in the UK has stood at severe”;
- Britain’s foreign aid budget is reportedly funding at least two dozen Palestinian schools, some of which are named after terrorists and murderers and which openly promote terrorism and encourage pupils to see child killers as role models. A Mail on Sunday investigation found pictures of “martyrs” posted on school walls, revolutionary slogans and symbols painted on premises used by youngsters, sports events named after teenage terrorists and children encouraged to act out shooting Israeli soldiers in plays”;
- an Islamic bookstore in a Muslim suburb of Birmingham that has produced 10% of all of Britain’s convicted terrorists was found to be openly selling books promoting jihad;
- a landmark ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ), which allows employers to ban staff from wearing Islamic headscarves at work under certain conditions, will not automatically apply in Britain;
- an estimated 400 home-grown jihadis have returned to the United Kingdom after fighting in Syria, but only 54 of those have been prosecuted, according to a Mail on Sunday investigation, which also discovered that some returned jihadis are roaming free on the streets of Britain.
- The Met, the police service for the Greater London area, now employs 900 specialists focused on monitoring so-called Islamophobia.
The problems being experienced by the UK with this form of multi-culturalism have already been experienced by Australia to some extent. One can only hope that we will take action to prevent them reaching UK levels. But we continue to allow the operation of Hizb ut-Tahrir (from which body the wives are members). That organisation advocates sharia law and jihadism.